Coronavirus antibody test
A blood test for antibodies to coronavirus infection allows you to identify immunity to the disease and determine if you have had COVID-19 before
Testing for antibodies to the causative agent of the disease COVID-19
The rapid test is based on a flow-through immunochromatographic assay for the qualitative determination of IgG and IgM antibodies to SARS-CoV-2 in whole blood samples.
The test consists of two components - IgG and IgM. During testing, the sample reacts with particles coated with COVID-19 antigen in the test cassette. The test contains non-human IgM and non-human IgG as capture reagents and COVID-19 antigen as detection reagent.
Internal QC is included in the test - a colored line appears in the control area.
The specificity of the method is 98%
Antibodies are special protein molecules called immunoglobulins. They are produced by blood B-lymphocytes in response to the introduction of foreign agents into the body, including various microorganisms, including viruses.
Antibodies to various pathogens of infectious diseases are strictly specific, their concentration in the blood provides reliable information about the body's response and the course of the disease and recovery.
This is the first immunoglobulin that the body begins to produce in response to infection and is detected in the acute phase
Appears in the blood after a few days and provides the main immune response, and also determines the presence and level of protective immunity after an illness
Rules for passing and receiving test results
- For research, blood is taken from a finger;
- Adults and children without symptoms of respiratory viral infections are allowed for screening;
- Before taking a sample, we ask the patient to answer the doctors' questions about possible movements in the territory of countries with an unfavorable epidemiological situation and contacts with persons who have arrived in Russia from the territory of other states;
- All patients undergo a body temperature measurement;
- Delivery of biomaterials for screening is possible only with a passport.
How to prepare for testing
- No special preparation is required - you can eat and drink before testing.
- Make a preliminary appointment by phone.
To improve the service and speed up the registration of the service, we ask you to print and fill out the agreement, consent to the processing of personal data and a questionnaire in advance.
We also ask you to be sure to provide an email address to send the results of the study. You will not need to come back to the clinic for the results.
JSC "Medicine" is a leader in the quality and safety of medical care in Russia (Roszdravnadzor certificate)
- Obtaining the necessary biomaterials is carried out in a separate room without outside access
- The medical staff of the clinic undergoes daily examinations and all doctors use sets of personal protective equipment
- The room is thoroughly disinfected after the visit of each patient - furniture, equipment, etc.