Traumatology and Orthopedics
In the department of traumatological surgery of the clinic of JSC «Medicina», highly qualified orthopedic doctors surgeons are admitted around the clock and seven days a week. Here specialists are engaged in complex treatment of diseases and pathologies of joints (for example, their replacement), bones, tendons, ligaments, and soft tissues. The range of operations carried out in the center:
- emergency traumatology surgery;
- planned endoprosthetics of the hip and knee joints;
- plastic and microsurgical operations on the hand and wrist in children and adults;
- all types of reconstructive foot surgery.
In addition to surgical intervention, the department is practicing shockwave extracorporeal therapy (UVECT). The method allows a targeted effect on bones and ligaments without affecting healthy tissues and relieving pain already in the first session. This therapy has no contraindications and is absolutely safe for the patient, while its effectiveness is comparable to surgical intervention.
To diagnose and select an effective therapy, the traumatologist first prescribes an examination. Depending on the results, both laboratory and instrumental studies can be recommended.
During the examination, the doctor determines the nature and extent of damage, reveals hidden injuries, and prescribes effective treatment and prevention, taking into account the characteristics of each clinical case.
Thanks to the modern equipment of the clinic, procedures for patients with trauma are quick and painless.
Indications for contacting a traumatologist
The reasons for contacting an orthopedic surgeon may vary. It is recommended to make an appointment for injuries and pathologies of the musculoskeletal system:
- poor posture, lordosis, scoliosis, or kyphosis;
- flat feet, clubfoot, hip dislocation, underdevelopment of the limbs;
- injuries: sprains, dislocations, fractures;
- benign formations of bone tissue;
- joint deformities (osteoarthritis, osteochondrosis, etc.);
- stoop, constant head tilt to the side;
- apparent heaviness in gait;
- fast fatigability;
- the appearance of crunching or pain in bones and joints;
- impossibility of free movement;
- muscle aches;
- numbness of the limbs, lower back, and other areas;
- deformation of posture.
Consult your doctor about contraindications for examination (ultrasound, MRI, or X-ray). It all depends on your individual characteristics and the prescribed therapy.
Do not postpone your visit to the doctor - make an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon at the Medicina clinic by phone in Moscow: +7 (495) 775-73-60