Experience 15 year
First category cardiologist, PhD in Medicine, member of the Asute Cardiovascular Care Association (ASSA)
Vascular atherosclerosis: what is it, symptoms, diagnostic methods, how to treat
Atherosclerosis is a fairly serious chronic disease in which the walls of blood vessels are affected. Cholesterol plaques and fats are deposited on them. Because of this, the walls of the vessels become denser and lose elasticity. The lumen of the artery narrows, blood flow is obstructed. This leads to the development of a number of other diseases. We will analyze what symptoms appear, what factors affect the state of blood vessels and how to cure atherosclerosis.
Most often, this disease is affected in adulthood. Due to improper diet, excess weight and other factors, the disease can appear as early as 30 years. The most terrible is atherosclerosis on the walls of the aorta.
Attention! You can cure this disease free of charge and receive medical care at Medicina JSC (Academician Roitberg's clinic) under the program of the State Guarantees of Compulsory Medical Insurance (Compulsory Medical Insurance) and VMP (high-tech medical care). For more details, please call +7 (495) 995-00-33, or on the VMP page for OMS.
What happens with aortic atherosclerosis
Due to damage to the largest vessel in the body, the heart and other organs suffer. Large amounts of blood pass through the aorta. If the walls are narrowed, the permeability is reduced, which increases the pressure. There are negative symptoms in the form of pain, high blood pressure. It becomes difficult to swallow food, the voice changes.
Muscle tone suffers, a person begins to lose weight due to illness. The general state of health is critically deteriorating, new diseases appear, acquiring a chronic form. With atherosclerosis, jokes are bad, you need to immediately consult a doctor and do an examination. A specialist will help solve the problem and prescribe a course that can stop the development of atherosclerosis.
Prognosis for damaged vessels
Unfortunately, with atherosclerosis of the aorta and other vessels, the forecasts of doctors are disappointing. At first, the illness may not manifest itself at all, or the symptoms do not bother the patient too much. But in the future, the state of health will deteriorate. Ailments of the cardiovascular system develop, other organs suffer.
It is important to identify the disease in time and begin effective treatment. The prognosis for atherosclerosis is determined through clinical trials. The doctor diagnoses and determines the risk, prescribes treatment, excludes factors that contribute to the development of atherosclerosis.
Symptoms of atherosclerosis
More and more people suffer from atherosclerosis of blood vessels, and this is due to neglect of their own health. When symptoms appear, patients do not rush to the clinic for help. They do not exclude risk factors, and signs are not always paid attention to. Indeed, the disease manifests itself gradually, blockages do not immediately form on the vessels, which can cause thrombosis and lead to death. But when that happens, it will be too late. Therefore, it is important to identify in time the signs indicating the presence of the disease.
What is the risk of developing atherosclerosis
It is not always easy to notice changes in your body, so it is recommended to regularly visit a doctor and get tested. Diagnostics will allow you to timely see plaques and other fatty accumulations in the vessels. The risk of developing atherosclerosis is quite high in every person, regardless of gender.
The older the patient, the higher the likelihood of vascular problems. This is a dangerous phenomenon that affects overall health. Most often, patients are affected after the age of 50 years. It is during this period that the disease manifests itself most actively. Every second man has problems with blood vessels, and 40% of women complain about this diagnosis. At the age of 35, patients begin to notice the first symptoms.
The most dangerous thing in this situation is to ignore the reasons and ignore the changes. Even if there are not so many symptoms now, in the future they will make themselves felt all together. If you suspect a vascular disease, you should immediately contact a specialist.
It should be noted that the level of risk of atherosclerosis is high even in newborns. You shouldn't think that problems will come after 35 years, they are easy to identify earlier. Experienced doctors will help in the treatment of atherosclerosis.
Main symptoms and signs of aortic atherosclerosis
The heart in the human body can be called a motor, and blood vessels - wires. When a short circuit occurs in the wires, the motor immediately starts to work worse. Other systems also fail. With atherosclerosis and vascular damage, just a "short circuit" occurs. The body continues to function normally, but some systems are no longer working quite correctly. Therefore, it is important to understand what is the cause and identify the main symptoms. They are the “bells” that indicate that there are problems. The symptoms of atherosclerosis are as follows:
- there is pain behind the sternum;
- shortness of breath appears;
- frequent headaches;
- noise in ears;
- performance is significantly reduced;
- a syndrome of increased fatigue appears, which can lead to stress, depression;
- general malaise;
- blood pressure rises;
- memory performance decreases;
- painful sensations appear in the legs;
- legs swell, numbness occurs;
- regularly there is pain in the back, which can radiate to the legs;
- if the patient is not treated, there is a risk of developing senile dementia, severe memory disorders;
- in the later stages, the lack of help leads to a loss of orientation in time and space.
The signs of atherosclerosis are clearly defined, but even so, people rarely see a doctor for help. It will be almost impossible to restore blood vessels in the future, so you should immediately respond to problems.
Symptoms of aortic atherosclerosis are:
- pain of a burning or pressing character in the region of the heart;
- pain in the back, arms;
- severe numbness in the legs;
- blood pressure rises to critical levels;
- there are quite serious problems with the voice, hoarseness;
- difficulty swallowing food begins;
- ischemic heart disease develops;
- violations and pathologies of the aorta occur;
- fainting occurs regularly;
- with atherosclerosis of the aorta, there are problems with the gastrointestinal tract, constipation, bloating;
- body weight decreases, sometimes to critical indicators;
- muscle tone is lost.
Aortic atherosclerosis is dangerous, you need to seek help from a specialist. Correct therapy will get rid of vascular atherosclerosis and restore the normal state of the aorta. Know that it is not difficult to treat vascular atherosclerosis if you start this process in a timely manner and choose the right methods of struggle.
Causes of atherosclerosis and factors provoking vascular disease
Risk factors for the development of atherosclerosis, both of the vessels and the aorta, are known to many people. But at the same time, they do not exclude them from their lives. Agree, it is difficult to give up tasty fatty foods. But the risks of getting atherosclerosis immediately increase significantly. The main reasons for the appearance of atherosclerosis are as follows:
- improper nutrition, especially if the diet is dominated by fatty foods that affect the walls of blood vessels;
- excess weight;
- the presence of diabetes increases the risk of developing the disease;
- smoking is an important reason why arteries are affected, which is why most patients are men;
- large doses of alcohol significantly increase the risk;
- heredity is not the most pleasant risk factor, since it cannot be influenced; all that remains is to monitor your health so as not to let this risk factor affect the future generation.
These are the most common factors that contribute to negative vascular changes. The causes of aortic pathology are as follows:
- sedentary lifestyle;
- bad habits;
- high blood pressure;
- the development of ischemic disease;
- violation of the reaction to glucose;
- regular stress;
- pathologies and disorders of the aorta;
- cardiac pathology;
The body is affected, in particular the structure of the vessel and the aorta, bad habits and other factors that can easily be abandoned. It is enough to devote a little time to your health and recover. You can independently reduce the risk of atherosclerosis and remove most of the causes.
Risk to blood vessels in the absence of assistance
The main problem of arterial pathology is the danger from the consequences that await every patient. Lack of treatment leads to serious damage to the blood vessels. The main consequences in the absence of treatment for atherosclerosis are as follows:
- the plaque can completely block the vessel and cause death;
- if there is even a little space in the blood vessels for the flow of blood, this will still lead to severe pain during physical exertion;
- swelling and numbness of the legs can be so severe that the patient simply stops walking, as a result, the limbs begin to atrophy;
- rupture of plaque in the arteries contributes to the formation of a blood clot;
- high risk of getting a stroke;
- no less high risk of getting myocardial infarction, especially if there is damage to the aorta;
- with atherosclerosis of the vessels, the brain may be affected, which will cause irreversible disorders;
- the presence of atherosclerosis leads to disorders of the peripheral arteries. They are responsible for proper blood circulation. There is a strong damage to the vessels of the legs, the wounds heal for a very long time.
It is important to recognize the pathology in time and start fighting for your health. After all, the lack of treatment leads to irreversible consequences and even death. Specialists of our medical center will help in the fight against atherosclerosis. We recognize the signs of atherosclerosis, with the help of diagnostics, we will determine the main risk factor and help in the fight against vascular pathology.
Diagnosis of the disease
Diagnosis of atherosclerosis is very important, it helps to identify atherosclerosis of the aorta, helps to determine the initial stage of atherosclerosis and choose the best methods for eliminating the pathology. The doctor closely monitors the patient, helps to cope with the problem and can reduce the risk factors for the development of aortic pathologies.
With the development of atherosclerosis, it is important to consult a specialist on time. In the event of at least a few symptoms, or if you know that you are at risk, you need to go through the diagnostic steps. An experienced doctor will diagnose in our clinic using methods such as:
- general blood test for cholesterol levels;
- ultrasound examination of the aorta;
- coronary angiography;
- Ultrasound of the kidney vessel;
- computed tomography can be prescribed to diagnose the body in detail and accurately determine vascular atherosclerosis;
- stress testing.
Modern possibilities of medicine make it possible to accurately diagnose, to determine a factor that may be the main provocateur of atherosclerosis. Contact our clinic, the doctor will recognize the pathology and help eliminate vascular atherosclerosis.
Which doctor treats atherosclerosis
Atherosclerosis is a serious condition, and most people are at risk. Every second person on the planet is prone to atherosclerosis, but not everyone knows which doctor is involved in eliminating problems with blood vessels. After all, the presence of such a diagnosis implies heart problems, disruption of the aorta, and even the legs suffer. Let's see which doctor treats atherosclerosis.
If you notice a change in the body, there are a number of factors that contribute to the appearance of an ailment such as atherosclerosis, you should consult a therapist. He will be able to identify the first signs, conduct a basic examination and refer to another doctor if necessary. Diagnostics is carried out by an angiologist, it is this doctor who specializes in this disease. Also, the work is carried out in conjunction with a neurologist. This specialist helps in the fight against atherosclerosis.
In our clinic, professional doctors with extensive experience help to eliminate atherosclerosis of the arteries and damage to the aorta. We treat complex forms of vascular pathology, specialists reduce the risk of worsening health. Choose your doctor and make an appointment.
Treatment of atherosclerosis: effective methods
Aortic atherosclerosis or vascular damage is defined quite simply. It is easy to recognize them using various diagnostic methods. Next, you need to start fighting the disease. In many ways, the doctor will help treat atherosclerosis, but the actions of the patient are of great importance. The specialist treats professionally, but you need to deal with pathologies on your own. If you are at risk, you should promote your health. Let's see how you can cure atherosclerosis and what are the methods of dealing with it.
Treatment for atherosclerosis
It is imperative to be treated under the supervision of an experienced specialist. In the fight against illness, it is important not to lose because of annoying mistakes. Treatment of vascular atherosclerosis involves the following complex:
- Treatment of atherosclerosis at the initial stage requires conservative action. Regardless of whether the aorta is damaged or there is damage to the vessels of the legs, medications are prescribed.
- Treatment of atherosclerosis in the later stages involves surgery. When diagnosing atherosclerosis, the state of the aorta and other vascular connections will be clear. The doctor will cut open the artery and clean or remove part of it.
- With conservative treatment, drugs are prescribed to lower blood pressure. After all, this is one of the factors that contributes to the deterioration of the general condition.
- Also, the doctor prescribes statins, fibrates, bile acid sequestrants. It is important to lower the indicators of the value of cholesterol plaques.
The likelihood of the risk of developing this pathology is very high, it is important to systematically approach the issues of eliminating vascular atherosclerosis.
Traditional methods of treatment: how to save blood vessels, what the doctor says
When there is a risk of developing atherosclerosis, patients begin to look for methods that help reduce risk factors. Instead of taking care of your health, identifying problems at the initial stages with the help of doctors, a search for non-standard methods of struggle begins.
These include traditional medicine. With its help, the nets on the legs are treated, and the activity of the blood organs is improved. However, there is often no change. Initially, the wrong approach and struggle is used, many suffer from atherosclerosis, but people do not know how to apply the recommendations of herbalists.
Indeed, there are enough indications for the use of herbal medicine; atherosclerosis can be partially eliminated by this method. But there must be a complex struggle, many suffer from atherosclerosis, but herbs alone will not help. The disease is characterized by serious consequences, the patient's task is to generally strengthen his health. Herbal medicine will help in this (herbal decoctions, infusions). This method helps to cleanse the blood, strengthen the immune system. But herbal medicine products can only be used under the supervision of a specialist, and if the signs do not indicate a critical situation.
Factors influencing the positive state of the aorta
The reasons for the development of atherosclerosis can be called improper diet and lifestyle. Add bad habits to these factors. There are a number of recommendations that help improve health with the development of the disease:
- cessation of alcohol and smoking will help get rid of aortic atherosclerosis;
- with atherosclerosis of any type, you need to give up fatty foods;
- overweight is among the reasons for the development of the disease. It should be eliminated;
- with a damaged aorta, physical activity is prohibited. But you should do moderate exercise, swimming, exercise your legs;
- during the manifestation of stress, health deteriorates. It is necessary to deal with strengthening the nerves;
- the artery can be damaged in chronic pathologies. You need to check the body for their presence and eliminate;
- maintain water balance during treatment.
These recommendations are specific to each person. But with atherosclerosis, they are especially important.
Atherosclerosis of the arteries: the diet recommended by the doctor, its price
The faster it turns out to identify the disease, the better. You should check your health, check blood vessels, perhaps you need help right now. It is worth starting with a diet, it helps to eliminate the disease. With atherosclerosis of blood vessels, it is recommended to establish nutrition.
- In the presence of atherosclerosis, it is worth giving up fatty meat, liver, egg yolks, butter.
- With atherosclerosis, contraindications to the use of fat, milk more than 1% fat, sour cream.
- Lean chicken, turkey, rabbit, and lean beef are considered typical meat products recommended for ailments.
- The initial stage of the diet allows you to use any kind of fish, but with the development of the disease, you should abandon the fatty species.
- The causes of atherosclerosis - pollution - plant products help cleanse the body. These are potatoes, beans, lentils, cereals, fruits, peas.
- With atherosclerosis of the vessels, you need to give up alcohol, the use of sweet, coffee, strong tea.
Such a diet is great for healing. In case of manifestation of an ailment, immediately take up food, or better - immediately follow the rules of nutrition. The prices of recommended diet foods are low.
Under what indications should the disease be treated?
Typical indications for eliminating the disease are as follows:
- the patient plays sports, but does not feel well;
- regular headaches;
- high pressure;
- weakness and apathy with characteristic signs of depression.
This is a reason to visit a doctor. Atherosclerosis is dangerous for the arteries; a large number of negative factors contribute to its development. The patient will not independently determine the ailment, you need to see a specialist.
Contraindications for atherosclerosis
Atherosclerosis is dangerous because it has a number of contraindications. It is not always easy to eliminate the manifestations of the disease. Due to the possibility of conservative and prompt action, the likelihood of getting rid of the disease is high. But still there are contraindications for atherosclerosis:
- the presence of acute forms of disease;
- allergy to drugs;
- insufficiency of blood circulation;
- myocarditis in active form.
If there are conditions that prevent the elimination of the disease, alternative methods are selected.
Treatment of atherosclerosis: what is the price
We are proud of our clinic because we provide quality services for patients. We employ highly qualified specialists, use modern equipment. Call us and find out how the atherosclerosis treatment is going on, what are the prices. Consultants will answer all questions.
Attention! You can cure this disease free of charge and receive medical care at Medicina JSC (Academician Roitberg's clinic) under the program of the State Guarantees of Compulsory Medical Insurance (Compulsory Medical Insurance) and VMP (high-tech medical care). For more details, please call +7 (495) 995-00-33, or on the VMP page for OMS
Clinic of JSC "Medicine": treatment of atheroses to lerosis
It is easy to eliminate atherosclerosis in our blade. Our advantages are as follows:
- Modern certified equipment.
- Courteous staff. You will be taken to the doctor, they will tell you everything in detail and show you, you don't have to stand in line.
- Experienced professionals. Doctors have extensive experience, exchange experience with foreign colleagues from medical centers. You are in good hands.
- We work on holidays and weekends. Call us at a convenient time for you and make an appointment.
- Own ambulance. In critical situations, we will immediately respond, and the car will go to your address.
- Convenient location. The center is located in Moscow, near the Mayakovskaya metro station.
- Full patient support. Doctor-curator keeps all records, you will have electronic access to them.
- Excellent service.
- Comfortable wards. You will fully recover from surgery or intensive care.
Call us and make an appointment with a specialist. Save your health, our medical center will help you with this.