Dermatitis in adults
Dermatovenereologist, Dermatologist (trichologist)
Experience 9 year
Under the influence of various environmental factors and for a number of other reasons, irritation may appear on the skin of an adult due to the inflammatory process. Dermatitis is an inflammation of the skin of various etymologies, which manifests itself in representatives of different age groups.
Specialists distinguish three stages of the disease:
- acute dermatitis that occurs immediately after contact with an irritant and disappears after contact;
- dermatitis is crusted or scaly;
- chronic skin dermatitis that occurs periodically after prolonged contact with an irritant.
Dermatitis in adults is divided by experts into several types depending on the nature of the origin of the pathology:
- contact dermatitis simple or allergic occurs due to the action of irritating substances, resulting in tissue inflammation and destruction of the epidermis;
- allergic dermatitis is the body's allergic reaction to irritants. Allergic dermatitis can develop both after a single contact, and as a result of prolonged exposure;
- Atopic dermatitis is a complex chronic disease caused by allergens ingested or inhaled. Atopic dermatitis can become chronic;
- seborrheic dermatitis occurs in most cases in men. It can take on various forms, from rashes on the body to mild dandruff. The main sites of localization are the skin with a large number of sebaceous glands.
If the sick person has acquired an ointment for dermatitis without a doctor's recommendation, the use of the drug can cause complications. The decision on how to treat dermatitis is made by a qualified doctor after examining the patient and establishing the exact cause of the disease.
Symptoms and signs of dermatitis
In the case of dermatitis, the symptoms can be very different, depending on the localization of the rash and the degree of damage. With a weak lesion, you may experience:
- redness of the skin on the affected area;
- tingling, burning, itching sensations;
- small rashes.
In severe cases, there may be:
- severe pain;
- painful, weeping blisters;
- severe itching.
Dermatitis on the legs can appear in the knee bend area. Dermatitis on the hands most often occurs in the elbows, in areas with the thinnest skin. Also, rashes are possible in the neck, in the folds of the skin, on the face, etc.
Allergic contact dermatitis is dangerous because the symptoms can appear long after contact with the allergen, so it is difficult to establish the cause.
Atopic dermatitis or eczema dermatitis is also called neurodermatitis. Symptoms are pronounced. The disease manifests itself:
- severe itching with peeling of the skin in the affected areas;
- painful sensations;
- the appearance of pustular formations with an increase in temperature,
Seborrheic dermatitis can have various symptoms:
- dermatitis on the head is manifested by the appearance of plaques with fatty yellow scales;
- dermatitis on the face can appear as red spots with clear boundaries.
Spots or plaques may appear on the inner surface of the auricle, on the skin of the upper body, in the folds of the skin. In milder forms, only slight itching is possible. If dermatitis appears on the face, treatment requires the involvement of a qualified specialist.
The diagnosis is established clinically on the basis of examination. If necessary, the doctor prescribes additional tests.
There are various causes of dermatitis. There are the following reasons:
- trauma to the skin;
- taking medications;
- frostbite or burn;
- X-ray radiation;
- inflammation around the wound, etc.
Among the most common causes of the development of pathology:
- frequent stress and strong negative emotions;
- diseases in a chronic form;
- exposure to allergens;
- action of pathogens.
Atopic cutaneous dermatitis is a disease, the exact causes of which have not been established. Doctors call the main causes of pathology genetic factors and individual features of the structure of the skin.
In case of dermatitis, recommendations for treatment can only be given by a doctor after an examination.
The development of the disease is facilitated by:
- low immunity and immunodeficiency;
- the presence of diseases of the nervous system;
- uncontrolled medication intake;
- bad habits;
- frequent stress.
In the absence of qualified treatment, the transition of the disease to a chronic or severe form is possible, up to necrosis of the skin.
When to see a doctor
Skin dermatitis is a disease that manifests itself in various forms. You should immediately consult a doctor if you have:
- inflammation or swelling;
- itching or burning;
- the appearance of bubbles or blisters;
- an increase in temperature at the site of inflammation.
In order to find out how to cure dermatitis, it is enough to make an appointment with a dermatovenerologist at Medicina JSC (Academician Roitberg's clinic) in Moscow. The clinic of JSC "Medicine" (the clinic of Academician Roitberg) is located in the center of Moscow at 10 2nd Tverskoy-Yamskaya lane.
Skin dermatitis requires a thorough diagnosis, which is offered by JSC "Medicine" (Clinic of Academician Roitberg). The dermatologist diagnoses the disease based on the examination of the patient with anamnesis and the following studies:
- general blood test;
- allergic tests;
- data of histological and bacteriological studies.
When diagnosed with dermatitis, treatment in adults is carried out solely taking into account the examination data.
Making a diagnosis allows the dermatologist to determine the nature and type of pathology. Depending on the findings, treatment for dermatitis may include:
- drug therapy (dermatitis treatment cream, dermatitis treatment ointment);
- ultrasound or injection treatment.
Preventive methods that can prevent skin dermatitis, a disease that causes many problems, are:
- adherence to a diet;
- the use of special skin care products;
- exclusion of contact with irritants.
More detailed recommendations will be given by the dermatologist of Medicina JSC (Academician Roitberg's clinic) during the consultation.
How to make an appointment with a dermatologist
JSC "Medicine" (the clinic of Academician Roitberg) in Moscow offers services of the European level for the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of dermatitis in adults. To receive highly qualified medical care, you must make an appointment with a dermatologist who will conduct an examination and a comprehensive medical examination.
To make an appointment with a specialist of JSC "Medicine" (clinic of Academician Roitberg), use one of the following methods:
- quick entry form;
- by phone 7 (495) 126-13-12;
- using a mobile application.
JSC "Medicine" (the clinic of Academician Roitberg) is located in the center of Moscow at 2nd Tverskoy-Yamskaya per., 10, five minutes walk from the Mayakovskaya metro station.