Frigidity in adults
District gynecologist, gynecologist-surgeon (SOD)
Experience 15 year
Frigidity is a decrease in libido, a complete lack of interest in sex. Arousal does not occur even in frank moments. Some people experience painful sensations after or during intercourse. An integrated approach and consultation of several specialists is required. Consider how to cure frigidity, and what to do with female frigidity.
Symptoms and signs of frigidity
Symptoms of frigidity may be invisible to the patient, but always felt by the partner:
- attraction either disappears completely, or manifests itself in rare moments;
- intercourse is perceived as a duty, and any discussion of the topic is irritating;
- a person simply ceases to be interested in sex, even if a loved one is next to him;
- if sex does happen, the body does not react to the process. Arousal disappears, lubrication is not released, there are no emotions either, as a result there is no orgasm;
- before and after sex, painful sensations may appear in the genitals, anus;
- the process leaves feeling disappointed or annoyed.
Many do not understand what frigidity means, trying to justify themselves with other reasons. However, the disease can be really dangerous if you do not pay attention to it in time.
Reasons for development
The causes of frigidity in women and men are divided into 2 categories: psychological and physiological.
Among the psychological reasons are:
- prolonged stress and fatigue highlight rest and sleep, rather than sexual pleasures, this is a normal reaction of the body, which tries to protect a person from an even greater overload;
- sexual abuse, even if it happened many years ago, is a significant reason for the psychological barrier, especially if the negative experience was the first in life, in such a situation you cannot do without the help of a psychologist;
- the partner began to cause negative emotions or disgust, during quarrels, problems, partings, mental wounds remain, which do not allow to turn to the person again, sex in this is violence against oneself;
- fear of an unplanned pregnancy, if the fear is obsessive, the girl cannot relax;
- in families where frigid personalities grow up it is not customary to express emotions, coldness and detachment are encouraged.
- injured genitals cause nerve damage;
- after childbirth, the walls of the vagina are severely injured, which is also a common reason for the lack of desire;
- pathologies in the development of organs are less common.
What to do if you do not want to further complicate frigidity, what to do? For a person to fully develop, not only sexually, a healthy environment in relationships, in a family and good health is necessary. Unfortunately, these factors don't always add up.
- If a partner had the imprudence to make fun of another or regularly insult him, this provokes the development of complexes and closeness. Which may well lead to frigidity in women.
- Also, if a partner forces another to have sex with him, the other gets aversion at the mere thought of intercourse.
- Chronic diseases that provoke disturbances in the functioning of the endocrine system can cause frigidity.
Lack of sex life and fear of a partner, sex can lead to depression. A person is in a depressed state completely at the mercy of his own disease. The absence of a partner leads to loneliness if the problem is not identified in time. It also negatively affects the human psyche.
Violation of the hormonal background, which often accompanies the disease, can lead to:
- uterine myoma;
- the formation of a malignant tumor;
- polycystic ovary disease.
You can't take your own health lightly, even if there is no need for a sexual partner. Problems associated with frigidity in women can seriously ruin life.
When to see a doctor
Sexologist treats frigidity. It helps to identify the root cause. In the future, the patient may be referred to a psychologist or gynecologist, depending on the identified problem.
The specialists of JSC "Medicine" (the clinic of academician Roitberg) are highly qualified and have extensive experience.
We are located in the center of Moscow: 2nd Tverskoy-Yamskaya lane, 10. The clinic is located near the metro stations Mayakovskaya, Belorusskaya, Novoslobodskaya, Tverskaya, Chekhovskaya.
Preparing to visit a doctor
After the partner has understood his problem, he has a question: how to get rid of frigidity? Specialists of JSC "Medicine" (clinic of Academician Roitberg) will help to understand their own problems.
Before visiting a psychologist-sexologist, the patient can be examined by a gynecologist or urologist-andrologist. You should take a shower, do not forget your diaper and clean socks.
Special preparation for a meeting with a sexologist is not required, except that you should be ready to openly discuss your problems. JSC "Medicina" Clinic (Professor Roytberg Clinic) keeps the data about each patient secret.
Women can ask a question:
- sexual life in the postpartum period;
- lack of orgasm;
- change of orientation in adulthood;
- paired consultations are open.
In addition to establishing the fact of lack of attraction, the presence of pain, and so on, it is necessary to diagnose the cause of frigidity. If a woman has discomfort in the area of organs during intercourse, she is examined by a gynecologist, who makes a final verdict on the presence of a disease, pathology.
A psychological problem is clarified with a psychologist or sexologist during a series of conversations. Often, frigidity is a consequence of the girl's immaturity, that is, she has grown physically, but morally she is not yet ready for adulthood. In this case, a psychologist works with her.
After the diagnosis, the patient is explained how to treat frigidity. The complex of procedures depends on the identified cause of the disease.
Treatment of frigidity can consist of the whole complex or several points:
- hormone therapy;
- sessions with a psychologist;
- sessions with a sexologist in pairs or one at a time;
- taking drugs that increase libido;
- massage and aromatherapy.
Treatment of frigidity in women is often associated with the sensual sphere of relationships. The girl wants more attention, warmth, care, communication.
Herbal teas give positive results, but after a long period of treatment for frigidity.
Decoctions and tinctures:
- tincture of golden root is prescribed in a course of 1-3 months, taken 10-15 drops daily;
- soak dried night violet herb in cahors for 14 days, drink a tablespoon half an hour before meals;
- ginseng tincture is sold in a pharmacy, use 20 drops per day, ginseng also increases the overall tone of the body;
- decoctions of wild rose, chamomile and nettle will help stabilize the body's systems.
Myths and dangerous misconceptions in the treatment of frigidity
- Real frigidity manifests itself as a complete lack of interest in sexual life. If a girl is temporarily uncomfortable or disappointed in her partner, this does not mean that she is frigid.
- Frequently, frigidity in men hides its "imaginary" manifestation in the form of psychological problems. They arise in connection with stress, shocks, psychological trauma. After working through them with a psychologist, the problems disappear.
- Also, frigidity in women is often resolved after a couple of conversations with a sexologist. The couple simply do not discuss their preferences.
To avoid frigidity in men, it is enough to monitor their psychological and physical health. At the first deviations, immediately visit a urologist, psychologist and sexologist.
You should talk with your partner about your intimate life, talk about your preferences, about what is unpleasant, build trusting relationships.
Do not force yourself to go to bed with a partner because "it is necessary." This will not please anyone and will cause complete rejection of both the partner and the sex.
How to book a sexologist?
You can make an appointment with a sexologist by filling out a simple form on the website or by calling the round-the-clock number +7 (495) 995-00-33.
We are located in the Central Administrative District of Moscow, near m Mayakovskaya, m Belorusskaya, m Novoslobodskaya, m Tverskaya, m Chekhovskaya.
Here you can get a consultation, as well as diagnostics of various diseases. Our doctors are true professionals in their field, who are focused on the result of working together with the patient. If you have any questions, you can ask the call center employee by phone.