District gynecologist, gynecologist-surgeon (SOD)
Experience 6 year
Obstetrician-gynecologist, endosurgeon Member of the European Society of Gynecological Endoscopy Member of the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology
Freezing early pregnancy is the death of the fetus in the womb. It stops developing and dies within 28 weeks. Symptoms may be mild, which increases the risk of maternal toxicity. If during pregnancy the fetus froze and stopped its development, an urgent visit to an obstetrician-gynecologist is necessary.
Symptoms and signs of a frozen pregnancy
A frozen pregnancy in an early period proceeds absolutely imperceptibly, it can last for 1-2 weeks. This is the danger of the situation.
After 10-12 days, the woman has the first symptoms of a frozen pregnancy:
- discharge with blood;
- severe pain in the lower abdomen;
- after 18 weeks, you can track the cessation of fetal movement.
There are no symptoms of a frozen pregnancy in the first trimester. Sometimes spotting bloody discharge appears, a pulling feeling appears below the navel.
The second missed pregnancy indicates the presence of a pathology that requires careful study.
Reasons for development
Unfortunately, the first missed pregnancy is more common. This is due to the lack of preparation of your own body. This can happen to any woman.
- genetic and chromosomal abnormalities cause the development of abnormalities that are incompatible with the life of the fetus;
- the fetus was infected with infections and sexually transmitted viruses - even before pregnancy, the risk of the presence or development of such diseases must be excluded;
- hormonal imbalance increases the risk of miscarriage; during gestation, progesterone levels should be monitored;
- the problem of blood clotting provokes the formation of blood clots, they do not allow the delivery of a sufficient amount of oxygen to the child;
- Rh-conflict causes the production of antibodies that provoke oxygen starvation of the fetus.
To accurately answer the question "Why does pregnancy freeze?" pretty hard.
Let's consider the most common factors:
- viral diseases can affect the development of the fetus;
- the main reason is hormonal disorders;
- non-compliance with the doctor's recommendations;
- severe stress;
- overheating or severe freezing is prohibited while carrying a child;
- smoking and alcohol;
- very tight clothing can harm the pregnancy;
- self-medication and taking drugs not prescribed by a doctor should be abandoned, the chemical processes of the body are closely interconnected with each other, the effect may be unpredictable.
Signs of a frozen pregnancy cause the following complications:
- depression. Requires drug treatment, psychiatric visits;
- fetal mummification, occurs with a long frozen pregnancy, mummification occurs due to calcium salts, requires surgical intervention;
- infection of the mother's body. The toxins that are formed due to the decomposition of the fetus quickly enter the woman's bloodstream. Sepsis, intoxication occurs, the correct blood clotting is impaired;
- lithopedion is a fossilized fetus that has been calcified in the body. At the same time, a woman may not feel painful symptoms.
When to see a doctor
The gynecologist must observe his patients throughout the entire period of pregnancy. If there is a risk of a frozen pregnancy, the duration of which does not exceed 12 weeks, you should immediately consult a doctor. He will determine the condition of the fetus and prescribe further examinations and treatment.
Preparing to visit a gynecologist
- Take a shower before visiting your doctor.
- It is better to visit a doctor with an empty bladder so as not to interfere with palpation.
- Do not take medications that can affect the microflora or the general condition of the body, this will prevent the doctor from collecting an accurate history.
Symptoms of a frozen pregnancy may not appear at all. To avoid intoxication of the body, you should regularly visit a gynecologist.
Diagnosis of a frozen pregnancy
Diagnostics is carried out in 2 ways: blood test and ultrasound. If ultrasound diagnostics reveals fetal cardiac arrest, the patient is referred to a gynecologist for further procedures.
The patient can make an appointment and get a consultation at a convenient time for him. The pregnancy management program fully complies with clinical guidelines and the latest standards.
JSC "Medicine" (the clinic of Academician Roitberg) is located in the Central Administrative District of Moscow, near m Mayakovskaya, m Belorusskaya, m Novoslobodskaya, m Tverskaya, m Chekhovskaya. At the address: 2nd Tverskoy-Yamskaya lane, 10.
Treatment occurs in 3 ways:
- artificial childbirth.
Curettage - curettage of the uterine cavity. Cleaning after a frozen pregnancy is carried out for a period of 5 weeks.
Aspiration - pumping out the remains of the ovum. Carried out in the early stages up to 5 weeks.
Curettage and aspiration are performed under general anesthesia. The procedure takes about 30 minutes. After the operation, a course of antibiotics must be prescribed. The patient then visits the doctor every week. If complications do not appear, and the causes of the frozen pregnancy are eliminated, the woman can continue life in her usual rhythm.
After the loss of the embryo, many women are depressed, they begin to blame themselves that they could have done something wrong. This is an absolute mistake that can lead to depression. To alleviate your condition, you should contact a psychologist, as well as a gynecologist and other specialists who will help prepare the body for pregnancy.
After treatment, a woman can plan a pregnancy after a frozen pregnancy in six months.
Treatment of a frozen pregnancy, the terms of which have exceeded 12 weeks, implies surgery. At home, the restoration of the body is impossible. For a successful recovery, it is necessary to pass a large number of tests and a long recovery, associated with taking antibiotics. At home, it is possible to raise the general tone of the body.
Important! During gestation, any drugs should be taken as directed by a doctor. Many decoctions and herbs have a negative effect on the fetus and can even provoke an early birth or miscarriage.
To increase progesterone levels, you need to:
- include fermented milk products, cheeses, cottage cheese, milk, cream in the diet;
- eat fatty fish;
- do not forget about nuts, berries, fruits and vegetables;
- drink a decoction of plantain seeds, borax uterus, raspberry leaves.
It is better to use decoctions in the second half of the cycle. Drink a drink in a volume of 200 ml, no more than 2 times a day.
Important! Broths that increase progesterone should not be drunk at the same time as hormonal drugs.
To prepare for pregnancy, you need:
- replace coffee with tea with chamomile, mint, rosehip and oregano;
- replace sugar and sweeteners with natural honey;
- drink more clean water;
- to be treated for genital infections and to maintain health with the help of a decoction of a red brush, borax uterus, mother-and-stepmother.
Prevention is a thorough preparation for the new bearing of the fetus. For this, it is necessary to study the problem of the previous arrest of the embryo's development.
To exclude signs of a frozen pregnancy, you need:
- visit a geneticist who will consult a man and a woman. He will calculate the probability of a frozen pregnancy;
- both partners need to be examined for genital infections. If they are present, do not start conceiving until the body is fully restored;
- before conception, you need to find out the Rh factor and blood group. If Rh is negative, the woman should be observed by a doctor who will monitor dynamic observation and monitor the antibody titer;
- Controlling the hormone progesterone will reduce the risk of miscarriage and stunting. If the level is too low, the woman is prescribed special drugs.
It also makes sense to stop smoking and drinking pleasure drinks. This must be done not only for a woman, but also for a man.
How to make an appointment with an obstetrician-gynecologist?
You can make an appointment with a doctor by filling out a simple form on the website or by calling the phone number +7 (495) 995-00-33. You can call around the clock. The causes of a frozen pregnancy cannot be detected independently; consultation of several specialists is required.
We are located near the Mayakovskaya metro station and the Belorusskaya metro station.