Experience 13 year
Doctor of the highest category. Member of the European Respiratory Society and the Russian Respiratory Society
Inflammation of the lungs is considered a serious illness as it is fatal in many cases. With pneumonia, the temperature rises, an inflammatory process in the lungs manifests itself, various infections become the cause of it: pneumococci, legionella, microorganisms and fungi. With pneumonia, patients have specific symptoms and painful sensations in the chest, the disease requires immediate inpatient treatment in a hospital, based on the stage and severity of the course.
General information on pneumonia
For those who are interested in what it is, in the material we will tell you in detail about pneumonia, methods of treatment, prevention and predictions for recovery with the right treatment. We will give in detail the symptoms of pneumonia, by which it is possible to unambiguously determine the presence of the disease and take timely measures.
Pneumonia is an inflammatory process of one or two lungs, which is characterized by a rise in temperature, the release of fluid into the alveoli. These are small air cells in the lung, the walls of which are responsible for gas exchange and are integral parts of the lung tissue.
Children and elderly people who have weakened immunity, chronic diseases, diabetes mellitus, and problems with the cardiovascular system are most often at risk of developing and developing pneumonia. Also at risk are patients who abuse smoking and alcohol consumption, people with congenital respiratory and pulmonary problems.
With illiterate or untimely treatment, pneumonia can have the following negative consequences, such as swelling of the lung in an adult, blood poisoning. Vaccination against pneumococcal or haemophilus influenzae is used as a preventive measure to avoid pneumonia in adults. However, these measures are recommended only for prevention in large groups, where there is a high probability of transmission of the disease by airborne droplets.
Symptoms of the disease
Pneumonia has various manifestations and symptoms of the disease in adults, according to which an experienced doctor will immediately determine the stage and features of the pathology. Consider the symptoms of classic pneumonia, the development of which is caused by pneumococcus:
- an increase in body temperature to a critical 39-40 degrees;
- severe cough with expectoration from the lung of an adult;
- painful sensations in the chest during coughing and breathing;
- wheezing that can be heard when listening to the lung.
With an atypical manifestation of pneumonia, which is provoked by mycoplasma or chlamydia, other symptoms in adults are also characteristic:
- high temperature, which rises to 40 degrees;
- dry cough, which soon turns into a wet cough with a large amount of sputum;
- pain in muscles and tissues;
- persistent sore throat;
- general poor health.
Often noticing symptoms such as fever, patients mistake pneumonia for a common respiratory illness. But one should always take into account the classic symptoms of pneumonia, their presence indicates an immediate need to start treating pneumonia in a hospital clinic. The final diagnosis of pneumonia is made by an experienced physician after taking laboratory tests and ensuring that a thorough diagnosis is carried out in order to effectively deal directly with the cause.
The stages of pneumonia are characterized by symptoms that differ somewhat in the specifics of how they proceed in people of different ages, as well as on the basis of a tendency to chronic diseases. Light suggests that the patient has a fever for several days, and women and men have similar symptoms. In a mild form, the patient also has a cough with sputum production, which is constantly increasing, the reason for this is the constant accumulation of sputum.
Pneumonia or pneumonia occurs at a severe stage with a critical increase in the maximum temperature for a long time, which does not go astray. Shortness of breath, pallor of the skin, blue skin tone in the nasolabial area are also characteristic. These symptoms of the disease indicate that the patient requires immediate hospitalization.
Diagnostics: procedures and features of the
Diagnosis of pneumonia assumes that the following procedures are carried out in the complex:
- examination by a doctor who will identify the main signs characteristic of pneumonia in adults. Also, the doctor listens to complaints, after which he sends for the procedure for conducting laboratory tests and examinations using modern equipment;
- chest X-ray, which is required in almost all cases to clarify the diagnosis. With the help of radiography, you can clearly see the foci, identify what stage of the disease is at the moment, establish the fact of partial or extensive pneumonia;
- examination of sputum under a microscope using the method of serological diagnosis. Using this technique, it is possible to establish the presence of a certain infection in the body, which provoked pneumonia;
- diagnostics by taking a blood test informs about the number of white blood cells, that is, it allows you to identify the viral or bacterial nature of the disease;
- bronchoscopic diagnostics - is considered an unpleasant procedure, however, it is possible for the doctor to examine the bronchi in detail, to identify pneumonia. The procedure involves inserting a thin tube into the patient's nose or mouth to take sputum from the lungs and bronchi. Sometimes a puncture is necessary for pneumonia in a complicated form in order to remove accumulated fluid and sputum from the lung of an adult.
Inflammation of the lungs is diagnosed by a doctor based on the patient's complaints, shortness of breath, fever, shortness of breath, and other basic symptoms.
Diagnostics and research aims to determine the stage and form of the disease, among which the main ones are:
- acute pneumonia, or croupous pneumonia, is characterized by excessive chills and a rise in temperature to a maximum of 40 degrees. With unilateral pneumonia, significant pain appears in the side, and with bilateral pain, the entire chest and the area between the shoulder blades may hurt. At the same time, there are significant difficulties and problems with breathing in an adult, a dry cough often turns into expectoration of sputum with blood clots;
- sluggish form - there is a temperature up to 38 degrees, lethargy and general malaise, loss of appetite. This form of pneumonia in adults often occurs as a complication after a cold or bronchitis on the legs;
- protracted form - it is diagnosed as a consequence of untreated acute pneumonia, atrophy of the pulmonary organ and impaired oxygen delivery can be observed, if treatment is not continued in a hospital setting.
The correctness of the appointment of therapy depends directly on a thorough and in-depth diagnosis and qualification of a doctor, a competent determination of the cause and symptoms.
Which doctor treats the disease
For patients who are interested in which doctor treats the disease in the clinic and is engaged in diagnostics, the answer is unambiguous - a therapist or a pulmonologist is treating. The lungs are carefully tapped to detect signs of pneumonia, depending on the severity of the course, an x-ray or an auxiliary bronchoscopy is prescribed. The doctor prescribes analysis and laboratory tests to determine the presence of bacteria and viruses of a specific etiology.
The clinic of JSC "Medicine", which has been functioning for many years in Moscow, employs doctors who can clearly establish the diagnosis, causes and symptoms of diseases. These measures are being taken to professionally diagnose and treat pneumonia with a favorable prognosis for recovery. All the doctors of the clinic have many years of experience, which allows them to conduct a high-quality examination and cope with the disease.
Doctors regularly undergo advanced training courses, which allows them to treat pneumonia with high success. You can find the certificates, qualifications of doctors on the website of the medical center.
To ensure the competent treatment of pneumonia, the selection of a suitable method of treatment, preliminary consultation and examination carried out by a therapist or pulmonologist are required. Only after the diagnosis has been made and the form of the disease has been determined, treatment can be started.
Methods and methods of how to treat pneumonia are determined by the degree, age category of the patient and the presence of indications and complications. Hospitalization with pneumonia is carried out only on the recommendation of a doctor, if there are good reasons and reasons for this.
To cure pneumonia in adults, it is required to use a combination of methods of etiological and symptomatic therapy. The effectiveness of the first group of treatment methods is due to the complete destruction of all foci of the disease, and the treatment methods of the second group are aimed at getting rid of the manifestations of pathologies associated with pneumonia.
During the treatment of pneumonia, antibacterial medicines, antibiotics, and other medicines are used to cure cough, stabilize breathing and body temperature, and rid the lungs of accumulated phlegm. Medications are prescribed based on the stages of pneumonia, the severity of the course. Also, in order to successfully treat pneumonia, do not forget about physical and magnetic therapy, exercises from gymnastics for breathing.
Let us consider in detail what methods can be used to effectively treat pneumonia, regardless of the stages.
Symptomatic treatment of pneumonia
It is aimed at improving the general condition of the patient, reducing temperature, normalizing breathing due to the fight against dry cough. The key drugs of therapy are mucolytic agents and medicines with antipyretic effects to actively lower body temperature in adults.
The principles of treatment imply that mucolytics contribute to the effective removal of mucus from the respiratory system, and many drugs also support the action of antibacterial agents, which helps to more effectively cope with pneumonia. The following drugs are used to treat pneumonia:
- Ambroxol and derivatives of these drugs.
The required dosage is prescribed only by doctors after an appropriate examination, and the duration of admission also varies depending on what stage of pneumonia the patient has.
Moreover, we note that knocking down the temperature in adults should be carried out only when the temperature has reached 39 degrees, while the patient's state of health sharply dramatically worsens.
Antibiotic therapy for pneumonia
To get rid of pronounced symptoms of the disease, to effectively combat high fever, treatment of the disease with antibiotics is used. However, before prescribing active antibiotics, which can cause irreparable harm to the body, the doctor prescribes tests and a comprehensive examination. In practice, separate categories of patients are distinguished, for which the method of combating pneumonia and the use of drugs will differ significantly:
- the first category - patients in the age group up to 60 years old, whose symptoms are similar, and the treatment is carried out according to a similar scheme. This group of patients has no pathologies, chronic diseases, pneumonia proceeds easily and without significant complications, the temperature does not rise above 38 degrees. In the treatment of the disease, penicillins and macrolides are used, in most cases, therapy is carried out at home under the strict supervision of a doctor, as the course of the disease occurs. If necessary, to bring down the temperature, antipyretic drugs are used orally, with difficulty breathing, mucolytics are prescribed;
- the second category - patients aged 60 and over who have concomitant pathologies of the cardiovascular system, kidneys, and respiratory organs. This group also includes patients who have problems with alcoholism, they are more susceptible to the development of pneumonia, this category is recommended to be checked in a timely manner with a lingering cough, as well as if the body temperature has been increased for a long time against the background of general malaise. The most effective treatment for pneumonia involves third-generation cephalosporins and aminopenicillins. Patients of this group always undergo therapy in a hospital clinic under the supervision of doctors;
- the third category - includes people at any age, whose pneumonia is extremely difficult, while patients complain of breathing disorders, and the temperature remains at around 39-40 degrees for a long time. Depending on the stage and severity, pneumonia in patients of this category is dealt with by doctors in the intensive care unit with the help of the most effective and fast-acting medicines.
The prognosis for pneumonia means that with timely medical care, the patient will fully recover. However, the signs and symptoms completely disappear no earlier than 20-30 days. If in the future the patient begins to have a cold, regardless of the causes that caused it, it is necessary to take careful measures in order to prevent a recurrence of the disease, which can proceed in a more severe form, if the corresponding symptoms occur.
Indications for disease
The testimony of doctors in conditions when the patient has a fever, breathing difficulties are observed, suggest the following measures:
- if pneumonia in the mild stage is treated at home, for maximum effectiveness of therapy, it is required to provide the person with appropriate care with a predominance of bed rest;
- a special diet, as a result of which analyzes are improved, the causes of concomitant diseases are eliminated. To do this, it is necessary to remove fatty and heavy foods from the diet, give preference to a fruit and vegetable diet. Thus, you can significantly improve the overall performance of blood tests;
- drinking enough fluids to drain sputum. In addition, the temperature is thus reduced. It is recommended to drink about three liters of water, natural juices;
- physiotherapy treatment is indicated in some cases, which makes it possible to reduce the risk of complications after pneumonia.
Contraindications for disease
Self-medication methods at any stage are completely contraindicated, since with an illiterate use of drugs, the risk of complications increases, and the patient's condition can significantly worsen. Let's consider the most important contraindications:
- ignoring the severity of the disease and the lack of treatment, which leads to a neglected form and complications;
- excessive physical activity, walking with a temperature, which aggravates the course of the pathological process. When the first signs and symptoms are detected, it is necessary to reduce activity and check the body for viruses, pathogenic bacteria;
- smoking and alcoholism are completely contraindicated in pneumonia;
- hypothermia of the body and a visit to the baths, saunas, since the extremely high temperature is already testing the patient's body for strength, and in the bath the cardiovascular system may not withstand excessive stress.
Cost of initial admission, research, treatment
The clinic of Medicina JSC offers to initially sign up for a preliminary consultation with a qualified physician or pulmonologist, who will prescribe the required examinations and determine which analysis is necessary to confirm the primary diagnosis. A clear diagnosis is carried out only after the analysis arrives at the doctor. The stage and form of the course is also determined by the attending physician, based on which the most effective method of treating pneumonia in adults is prescribed.
The cost of the initial appointment with the doctors of the clinic starts from 4,500 rubles, while the secondary examination and prescription of drugs, the treatment regimen already costs less. The cost of treatment is determined by many factors, such as the complexity of the pathology, the presence of complications, concomitant pathologies that can provoke negative prognosis.
Prices for treatment and all procedures are listed on the website in the price list. You can take tests directly at the medical center, while discounts are provided on a range of services. Discounts are also offered for corporate clients. And the medical center also cooperates with insurance companies, so patients can fully cover the prices of treatment in a modern clinic with the help of insurance payments.
Benefits of treatment in the clinic of JSC "Medicine"
Choosing the clinic of JSC "Medicine", patients receive high-quality service and elimination of existing health problems. The treatment of pneumonia in a clinic in Moscow is carried out according to the latest methods using the most effective drugs. Let's consider the main advantages of undergoing inpatient treatment with doctors of JSC Medicina:
- reasonable prices that imply high quality of service;
- customer focus, doctors try to take into account the wishes of patients regarding the level of comfort of the wards, food;
- highly qualified doctors who have the appropriate certificates regularly take advanced training courses in leading clinics in the USA and Europe, which can clearly diagnose pneumonia in an adult;
- the use of high-tech medical equipment for examinations to identify a specific stage of pneumonia, taking laboratory samples;
- high-quality sterilization of instruments, use of disposable consumables;
- the use of modern standards of treatment for pneumonia to ensure a complete cure without complications and residual effects.
Given the many advantages, the medical center offers competitive prices for qualified treatment. To make an appointment for an initial examination and consultation, you can leave a request on the website or contact by phone.