Computed tomography of the liver is a non-invasive and painless method of examining an organ using a series of X-rays. It is more accurate than an X-ray or ultrasound. Various diseases, tumors, inflammations, injuries, and injuries can be detected using such imaging. Sometimes the procedure is performed with contrast to obtain more accurate data.
At Medicina Roytberg's Clinic JSC, liver CT is performed using modern equipment at any time convenient for the patient.
Indications for computed tomography of the liver
Without an in-depth examination, it is far from always possible to determine a liver disease and understand that the problem is in this particular organ. The doctor will refer the patient for a CT scan in the following cases:
- Pain and heaviness in the right hypochondrium;
- nausea, vomiting;
- bitterness in the mouth;
- yellowing of the skin and sclera of the eyes;
- preparation for the operation;
- confirmation of the preliminary diagnosis;
- evaluation of the effectiveness of the operation performed;
- an increase in the size and mass of the liver;
- different stages of alcoholism;
- detection of benign neoplasms;
- suspicion of cancer, inflammation, and infection;
- disruption of the organ's vessels;
- trauma to the abdominal cavity.
After a detailed study of the results of the study, the doctor will be able to prescribe an effective treatment.
Contraindications to liver CT
Occasionally, a healthcare professional may not allow a patient to undergo computed tomography of the liver. This may be due to the following reasons:
- pregnancy or breastfeeding;
- age less than 3 years;
- bronchial asthma in acute form;
- renal failure;
- serious condition of the patient;
- iodine intolerance;
- pathologies due to which the patient cannot be immobilized.
It is important to undergo an examination before the procedure and report any diseases or allergic reactions of the body. If necessary, the doctor will select another possible type of research.
Features of the liver CT scan
With a standard examination, you will not feel any pain. The main thing to keep in mind is that CT is exposed to X-rays. Therefore, it is not recommended to repeat the procedure frequently.
When examining the liver with contrast, a drug with iodine is injected intravenously, this allows you to form a clearer picture.
As a preparation, it is recommended to refuse food intake for 4 hours, and also completely eliminate alcohol and reduce fluid intake per day.
Find out more about prices and sign up to a liver CT scan by calling +7 (495) 775-73-60. We will be glad to help you!