Computed tomography of the lumbar section of the spine
CT scan of the lumbosacral spine allows you to study in detail the structure of the spine, determine pathologies and detect problem areas. This diagnostic method allows you to prescribe an effective treatment. JSC "Medicine" offers to do CT of the lumbar spine in our center.
CT scan helps to carefully examine bone structures and detect even the smallest changes or pathologies. Tomography of the lumbar spine provides detailed information about the condition of the spinal cord, spinal canal, discs and ligaments. With the help of this examination, hematomas, tumors, fractures, inflammatory processes and other pathologies of the spine are determined.
CT of the lumbosacral spine is indicated to identify various disorders and pathologies, including:
- malignant tumors;
- benign tumors;
- germination of metastases from neighboring organs to the spine;
- herniated intervertebral discs;
- instability of the vertebrae;
- developmental anomalies;
- canal stenosis;
- spinal hemorrhage;
- defeat in rheumatic diseases.
Contraindications to CT
Factors in which CT is not performed:
- an allergic reaction to iodine;
- increased blood creatine levels;
- obesity, in which the weight is more than 160 kg;
- serious condition of the patient;
- inability to stay calm.
Many are afraid of radiation, but the harm of computed tomography is very low; even if the examination is done several times a year, the radiation dose is extremely low.
Spinal lesion symptoms
CT of the lumbar sacral spine is required if there are signs pointing to the defeat of the field. Here are the main ones:
- the occurrence of pain in the neck;
- shoulder pain, sometimes to cramps;
- severe muscle weakness;
- numbness of the limbs;
- increased sweating;
- periodic dizziness;
- deterioration of vision, hearing;
- lack of coordination;
- increased blood pressure.
If several symptoms are found, it is worth contacting a doctor and doing a tomography. Specialists in our clinic will help examine the body and prescribe an effective treatment.
Diagnostics of the lumbosacral spine
Computed tomography of the lumbar spine is carried out on modern certified equipment. The contrast enhancement method can be used. In this case, an iodine-based solution is administered to the patient. It does not allow X-rays to pass through, and tomography gives a clearer result.
The patient is placed horizontally on the tomography table, our specialists provide a comfortable position and provide support so that you feel confident and calm. A high-quality speaker and microphone allow you to keep in touch with the doctor during the CT scan. The call button will immediately notify the doctor about any problems.
CT is done quickly enough, no special preparation is required. The doctor will first collect all the necessary tests, and after the CT scan, he will prescribe treatment. The price of the procedure depends on a number of factors, you can find out about them in advance.
The advantages of tomography at JSC "Medicine"
- Modern equipment with all certificates is used;
- convenient location of the clinic in Moscow, near the Mayakovskaya metro station, easy access;
- receiving patients at any time, even during holidays and weekends;
- full support and consultation during the examination;
- detailed analysis after CT scan;
- the appointment of effective treatment.
The clinic employs experienced professionals with skills in this area. If you have any questions, we consult with foreign colleagues. We provide the result of research quickly.
You can sign up for a CT scan by phone. Call us at any time and get advice, find out prices, stages of passage and preparation and other important information. We will help you improve your health!