Computed tomography of the sinuses
Computed tomography (CT) of the nose is a non-invasive examination of the paranasal sinuses to assess the condition of the airways, diagnose diseases and injuries in this area of the face. Scanning used in otolaryngology to detect signs of inflammation and pathological formations: polyps, tumors, traumatic damage.
Layered diagnostics allows you to thoroughly examine the sinuses of the nose without surgery and select effective treatment methods. To increase the information content of CT scans, they are performed using contrast - an iodine-containing preparation that is injected into a vein.
|Spiral computed tomography of the sinuses
|Компьютерная томография придаточных пазух носа с внутривенным болюсным контрастированием
|CT sinuses, 2 views
|X-ray image printout
Indications and contraindications
Computed tomography of the nose prescribed if it is impossible to obtain reliable results with the help of X-rays, as well as in the following cases:
- breathing disorder;
- small foreign objects getting into the sinuses;
- occurrence of headaches of unknown origin;
- suspected tumors, cysts or trauma;
- assessment of the course of different sinusitis;
- preparation for surgery on the face, sinuses;
- control of treatment results.
It is recommended to consult a doctor before diagnosis, as the procedure has contraindications:
- lactation period and pregnancy;
- intolerance iodine preparations;
- the inability to maintain a static state.
Computed tomography of the paranasal sinuses does not require preliminary preparation. You can make an appointment for a CT scan of the nose at JSC "Medicina" Clinic (Professor Roytberg Clinic) in Moscow by calling +7 (495) 775-73-60.