Computed tomography of the thoracic cavity organs
Computed tomography of the chest cavity organs allows you to accurately determine any pathologies and abnormalities in this area and obtain data for prescribing treatment. CT can diagnose diseases of the heart, lungs, soft tissues, esophagus, and lymph nodes. We offer to do a CT scan of the chest cavity organs at the clinic of JSC "Medicine".
Computed tomography of the chest is a non-invasive diagnostic imaging procedure that can provide detailed information about the condition of internal organs. In 40% of cases, CT shows a result that cannot be determined using a conventional X-ray or ultrasound. The device provides a clear image of bones, muscles, fats.
Computed tomography indications
Computed tomography is indicated in case of suspicion of the presence of pathologies or disruption of the organs in the chest area. It is recommended to undergo a CT scan if you suspect such problems:
- pneumonia in chronic or acute form;
- any inflammatory processes in the lungs;
- the presence of focal formations during fluorography;
- sarcoidosis, zilicosis, other injuries;
- aneurysm of the thoracic aorta;
- pulmonary hypertension;
- the presence of tumor formations;
- study of the development of metastases that can spread in the chest cavity;
- study of the spread of breast tumors to lymph nodes and adjacent organs;
- traumatic chest injuries;
- internal bleeding;
- infectious diseases;
- unexplained pain;
- preparation for the operation.
CT allows you to accurately determine the causes of the appearance of pathologies and develop a treatment plan. After the CT scan of the chest, the specialists of our clinic will prescribe treatment and consult you.
CT is contraindicated under certain conditions, including:
- lactation period;
- allergy to contrast agents, in particular iodine;
- mental disorders;
- cramps and various muscle spasms;
- renal failure;
- increased blood creatine levels;
- overweight (over 200 kg);
- serious condition of the patient;
- the inability to be motionless for some time.
The doctor examines the patient in detail before prescribing a CT scan. If it is impossible to carry out this procedure, another survey method is chosen. In most cases, there are no contraindications.
Symptoms indicating a need for chest CT chest cavity
Computed tomography is necessary if the patient has symptoms that indicate a violation of the body's activity and the presence of pathologies. Symptoms may be as follows:
- chest pain;
- persistent cough;
- pain in the lungs;
- the presence of tumors in nearby organs;
- deformation of the chest;
- sputum production;
- regular occurrence of shortness of breath;
- choking, respiratory failure.
Chest diagnostics at JSC "Medicine"
We use state-of-the-art equipment that allows you to perform chest CT quickly and safely. Standard CT and contrast-enhanced tomography are used. The doctor preliminarily examines the patient for an aggressive reaction to the contrast components. If there are no contraindications, this diagnostic method is used, since CT of the chest with contrast gives a clearer result.
The component is not susceptible to X-ray radiation, so the image is clear and detailed. The patient with intravenous contrast is placed on the table, the doctor does the tomography in a separate room. The microphone and speakers will allow communication with the specialist during the CT scan. Our goal is to make your CT scan comfortable, fast and safe.
Our center employs highly qualified specialists who will conduct examinations, prescribe treatment, and advise on all issues related to your health.
You can order computed tomography services at the clinic of JSC "Medicine". Make an appointment by phone; you can do this at any convenient time. Call us, find out the prices, and also get advice that will help you prepare for a CT scan.