Most couples, regardless of whether they live in an official or civil marriage, after living together for a certain time, begin to think about having a child. If a woman cannot get pregnant despite her efforts, then after going to a doctor she may be diagnosed with infertility. The inability to get pregnant for a woman is often the result of a partner's illness. In such cases, after a thorough examination, male infertility is diagnosed.
Modern medical technologies quite successfully cope with the problem of infertility, so the diagnosis should not be considered a sentence. Like any other disease, infertility occurs for specific reasons. It can be cured if the causes of its occurrence are identified, the correct diagnosis is made and the most effective course of treatment is selected. The specialists of the clinic of JSC "Medicine" in Moscow have modern diagnostic and medical equipment, high-quality drugs and know innovative technologies, which allows them to successfully cope with female and male infertility.
In order to be able to become a father and mother of a healthy baby, it is sufficient to use the services of specialists of "Medicine" (clinic Academician Roytberg).
When to see a doctor
Relatively recently, women were diagnosed with infertility after they tried to get pregnant for 4 years and did not achieve a result. Today it has been diagnosed for 2 years. Experts explain the shortening of the diagnosis period by the fact that the treatment of long-term infertility requires more time and effort than the treatment of recently discovered infertility. If a couple has had a regular sex life for 2 years, does not protect against pregnancy, but the woman does not become pregnant, she should seek help from specialists. The sooner a man and a woman are examined and start treatment, the more chances of giving birth to a healthy child. In women and men, infertility is diagnosed equally often, so doctors recommend each partner to be examined. On average, in a marriage, the disease is diagnosed in 10-15% of couples.
Varieties of infertility
Infertility is relative and absolute. With relative infertility, a couple has every chance to give birth to a child after a course of treatment or with the help of modern fertilization technologies. With absolute infertility, conception is excluded due to irreversible pathological conditions. In such cases, the couple should consider adopting a baby.
There is also a division of infertility into the following types:
- primary (the woman has not previously become pregnant);
- secondary (pregnancy was once or more).
The reasons for the impossibility of conceiving a child can be very different. Among the reasons that led to the impossibility of a woman to become pregnant, the most common are:
- problems with the vitality, activity and mobility of the semen of men;
- ovulatory cycle of the egg;
- obstruction of the fallopian tubes;
- pathology of the uterus;
- immunological incompatibility
In addition to the health factor, social, mental and family problems can cause infertility.
Indications for IVF procedures in men and women differ.
IVF procedures are indicated for women in cases where infertility cannot be cured in other ways:
- complete absence of fallopian tubes after an ectopic pregnancy;
- obstruction of the fallopian tubes after operations and past diseases;
- serious pathology of the fallopian tubes due to inflammatory processes of the ovaries;
- immunological infertility;
- endocrine infertility;
- infertility of unknown origin;
- a small number of motile sperm;
- age factor;
Indications for IVF for men:
- diagnosis of sperm pathologies (asthenozoospermia, oligozoospermia, oligospermia, etc.);
- immunological infertility;
- hereditary predisposition.
An IVF doctor can prescribe for both spouses in the following cases:
- prolonged miscarriage in a woman;
- age over 35;
- the presence of genetic disorders;
- ineffectiveness of attempts to use IVF programs;
- the woman has a history of frozen pregnancies;
- the couple has chronic diseases.
Contraindications to IVF use
The use of IVF programs is impossible in the presence of the following contraindications:
- malignant tumors;
- benign ovarian tumors (if necessary, surgery);
- inflammatory diseases in acute form;
- deformities of the uterus, making it impossible to implant an embryo or carry a pregnancy;
- therapeutic, mental illness.
Features of infertility treatment
Methods for the treatment of female infertility are determined after a thorough diagnosis of the patient, testing and identifying the causes of the disease. The specialists of the clinic of JSC "Medicine" are primarily trying to restore the reproductive function of patients. In this case, the following methods are used:
- the patient is recommended to normalize weight;
- hormone therapy is performed;
- laparoscopy is prescribed for violation of the patency of the tubes or endometriosis;
- reconstructive surgery for uterine defects is performed;
- artificial fertilization with sperm is recommended.
Doctors resort to artificial insemination technologies if the causes of infertility cannot be established or other methods have not yielded the expected result. Among the most popular methods of artificial insemination:
- IVF method;
- intrauterine insemination with IISD (donor sperm) or IISM (husband's sperm);
- ICSI technique (sperm is injected into the egg by intracellular injection).
If a woman is unable to get pregnant, doctors may suggest surrogacy.
The specialists of the clinic of Medicina JSC successfully use all methods, the most effective of which is the IVF (in vitro fertilization) method.
IVF procedure stages
- Achieving the desired result is impossible without prior preparation. The preparation is carried out for 2-3 weeks.
- Women are examined by a gynecologist who prescribes the following procedures: blood tests for hormone levels, syphilis, hepatitis, HIV, smear for infections. Also, women are prescribed a pelvic ultrasound.
- Men are assigned to take a smear for infections, blood tests, spermogram.
The information received allows the specialists of the clinic of JSC "Medicine" to select the IVF method as accurately as possible.
Basic IVF Program
In order for the long-awaited pregnancy to occur, it is necessary to clearly and consistently complete each of the stages of the basic IVF program. IVF procedures involve the following steps:
- ovulation is stimulated with hormonal drugs. Depending on the causes of infertility, the patient's health status and other factors, a short protocol can be chosen (stimulation is performed for several days) or a long protocol (ovulation is stimulated by drugs for a month or more);
- oocytes are taken, which are then fertilized and transferred into the uterine cavity. If a certain number of eggs is not required, the material can be frozen at the request of the patient;
- the eggs are fertilized with sperm obtained from a donor or husband. Donor sperm is often used, which was stored in a cryobank (the purity of such material, the absence of syphilis, hepatitis or HIV has been confirmed);
- the embryos obtained after fertilization are cultivated in special media in the laboratory;
- embryos are transferred by specialists into the uterine cavity on day 5 using a special catheter.
At the end of the procedures, the woman is monitored by a specialist who monitors the process of embryo engraftment. Doctors of JSC "Medicine" (the clinic of Academician Roytberg) have knowledge, modern equipment and vast practical experience, which is one of the factors in achieving a positive result, that is, the onset of pregnancy in the patient.
In addition to the basic program, the specialists of JSC "Medicine" can, taking into account the causes of infertility, choose the ICSI method. In this case, the sperm are injected with the thinnest needle into the egg. ICSI is used for immobility of spermatozoa and inability of spermatozoa to self-fertilization, in the absence of spermatozoa in the ejaculate or with their minimum number. If there are no sperm in the ejaculate, an ovarian puncture is used to obtain. Recommended by ICSI for women over 40.
Fertility treatment prices
The clinic of JSC "Medicine" in Moscow offers infertility treatment services at competitive prices. In order to find out the cost of procedures and the price of testing, just look at the price list. More accurate information about the cost of treatment will be announced by a specialist during the appointment.
Benefits of treatment at JSC "Medicine"
Weighty reasons to contact the clinic of JSC "Medicine" in Moscow for the treatment of male or female infertility are:
- the highest qualification of doctors - qualified specialists with vast experience. Among the doctors of the clinic there are world-famous doctors, candidates of sciences and professors;
- the use of extremely safe high-performance technologies, equipment and medicines;
- the opportunity to consult with the specialists of the multidisciplinary clinic at any time;
- high quality of services provided with affordable prices;
- the comfort and convenience of the wards, the courtesy of the staff.
You can get acquainted with the information about the doctors of the clinic on the official website in the section "Our doctors". Patients can not only choose a specialist, but also make an appointment at a convenient time.