Plasmolifting - rich treatment for everyone, who wants to be healthy
Plasmolifting therapy is a young but promising direction in the treatment of diseases of the musculoskeletal system. What are the features of this method and why it interested doctors from different countries?
The technique has found its application in many branches of medicine, from cosmetology to neurosurgery, but it has become especially relevant in sports medicine, traumatology and orthopedics.
Plasma platelets are obtained from the patient's blood and subjected to centrifugation. After that, several layers of elements are created in the centrifuge, which makes it easy to remove all unnecessary ones, leaving the platelets necessary for therapy.
If we talk about cartilaginous tissue, then by itself it has a rather limited ability to restore. There are no vessels in it, and all nutrition occurs due to the synovial fluid located in the joint cavity. That is why, for effective therapy, medicinal substances are injected directly into their cavity, where activated plasma reduces inflammation and quickly reduces pain syndrome - one of the main problems in chronic pathologies.
The advantages of the injections:
- no allergies. Through the use of patient tissues;
- impossibility of transmission of infection with blood;
- no side effects. There is no effect on the liver, kidneys and other organs;
- the minimum number of possible complications.
After PRP shots, it is expected:
- Improvement of blood circulation in the area of the affected joint.
- Acceleration of cartilage recovery both due to biologically active substances that regulate this process, and due to its supply with the necessary components.
- Elimination of spasm of the muscles surrounding the joint.
- Acceleration of rehabilitation after injury, surgery.
- Normalization of the composition of the joint fluid.
The therapy should increase the patient's quality of life by eliminating pain and expanding the range of motion in the joint.
Preparation for the PRP procedure
2 weeks before the PRP it is necessary:
- stop taking medications that change blood clotting;
- refrain from taking other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs; exclude alcohol and smoking (if it does not work for 2 weeks, then at least a day before the procedure);
- diversify your diet by including sources of vitamins B and C, or take a multivitamin.
As for the sensations immediately after the procedure, sometimes the pain in the joint can increase, but within a few days, the pain syndrome decreases.
Indications and contraindications for PRP therapy
PRP injections are recommended in the following cases:
- injuries of ligaments, tendons and muscles (sprains, tears);
- sports injuries (chronic);
- plantar fasciitis (heel spur);
- other chronic pathologies of tendons and ligaments.
Contraindications to PRP therapy
- oncological pathology;
- autoimmune diseases;
- blood clotting disorders;
- thrombocytopenia (low platelet count) and thrombocytopathy (abnormal platelet function);
- blood hemoglobin below 90 g / l;
- individual intolerance to sodium citrate;
Our clinic employs specialists with extensive experience in the treatment of the musculoskeletal system. Sign up for a consultation right now, and we will tell you about the procedure in more detail.