Getting an X-ray
To comprehensively examine the internal structures of the body, a method such as X-ray or radiography is used. With this procedure, doctors receive visual and operational results of the study. Also, radiography allows you to track the effectiveness of treatment without the help of surgeons.
It is important to note that while undergoing the procedure, a person receives some degree of radiation, so doctors do not recommend going through this procedure often. In CLINIC THE MEDICINA, Medicina Roytberg's Clinic JSC, Cone Beam Radiography is used, which has a higher sensitivity. The X-ray machine allows doctors to obtain clear and high-quality images without harming patients.
Radiography: indications and contraindications
Now the radiological method is used in different areas of medicine:
- Traumatology and Orthopedics. In this case, doctors evaluate the condition of the joints and bones from the images. Also, the pictures make it clear whether a person has malignant formations or inflammatory processes in the body.
- Diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the lungs and respiratory tract. The study allows you to detect violations of internal organs, including an X-ray of the lungs. Thus, the doctor determines whether a person has tuberculosis and other complex diseases.
- Diagnostics of the human gastrointestinal tract. Perforation detection.
- Panorama radiology in dentistry.
- Procedure before surgery.
Indications for x-rays can be diseases or damage to bones, joints and spine, as well as organs of the chest and abdominal cavity.
- During pregnancy, breastfeeding.
- Children under 14 years old.
- If the patient has a serious condition.
- The patient has complex diseases of internal organs.
When it comes to contrast radiography, there are limitations. The doctor will not give a referral for the procedure if the patient has the following health problems:
- The liver, kidneys, and other important organs are not working well.
- Revealed tuberculosis.
- Diabetes mellitus.
- Intolerance to iodine-containing substances.
Preparatory stage for the X-ray procedure
Before undergoing an X-ray, a person needs to remove jewelry, belt, telephone, and metal products. You also need to take off your clothes.
In some cases, special training is required. This means that you should stop eating foods that contain fiber before examining your stomach or lower back. This approach can facilitate procedural actions and reduce gas production in the stomach.
In our institution, doctors will give all the recommendations in advance and prepare the patient 100% for X-ray.
The result of computed radiography (CR) can be presented as a snapshot (a radiograph) or an image on the screen. An experienced specialist interprets it and prepares an opinion. The patient receives a document along with a snapshot or a file saved on a digital storage medium.
Prices for radiography services
On the official website, each user can get acquainted with the prices for procedures. If you are still looking for where to take X-rays in the capital, then by all means contact the Medical Center «Medicina». You can make an appointment with a specialist by calling the phone number indicated on the portal.
If you are looking for a place to take an X-ray in Moscow, contact the Medical Center «Medicina». You can make an appointment with a specialist on the website or by phone +7 (495) 775-73-60.